Father’s Day is coming up quickly – do you have plans yet for a fun place to take the special dad in your life out to dinner that day? Whether you’re looking for an early dinner or a later one, Outback Steakhouse has you covered with a great deal that keeps on giving as well.
The restaurant will be open at 11am on Sunday, June 21st so you can take him to lunch or dinner, and enjoy some of Outback’s amazingly delicious entrees…
If you would like a taste of the Outback in your own home as well – here’s a recipe for you to make and share with your family any day of the year:
“Crab Stuffed Shrimp”
¼ pound Butter
¼ pound Diced Onion
¼ pound Diced Celery
1 ½ tsp. Chopped Garlic
2 Tbs. Sliced Green Onions
¼ tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
1/8 tsp. White Pepper
1 cup Bread Crumbs
¼ pound Lump Crab Meat
Place sauté pan over medium heat. Place butter in the pan and allow to melt. Place onions, celery, garlic, green onions, and seasonings in pan and cook for 6-8 minutes. Place mixture into a blender and blend for 20 seconds. Caution: Mixture will be HOT. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl adding bread crumbs and drained crab meat. Fold in with a spatula until blended.
Lemon Pepper Butter:
½ cup Water
2 Tbs. Flour
1 ½ Tbs. Lemon Juice
½ pound Butter
1 tsp. Lemon Pepper Spice
Combine water, lemon juice, flour and seasonings in a sauce pan. Over high flame, whisk until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Slowly add softened butter in small amounts until all is blended.
Butterfly shrimp. Place flour in a container and toss shrimp until completely coated. Deep fry shrimp at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 minutes. Place 1 Tbs. of hot stuffing onto each cooked shrimp. Drizzle 1 Tbs. of Lemon Pepper Butter over each shrimp.
Serve and Enjoy!!!!!
Here’s a Father’s Day gift for one of you:
I have the opportunity to give away a $25 gift certificate to Outback Steakhouse to a lucky reader to use this Father’s Day! With only just over a week until the big day, this is going to be a quick one – so please be checking either your e-mail or back here right away after this contest closes. Here are the rules:
- Enter by leaving a comment here to let me know how you plan to celebrate Father’s Day with any of the special dads in your life. Please don’t just say ‘choose me’, or your entry will be discarded.
- The contest will run until Wednesday, June 17th at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be selected through random drawing, contacted by e-mail, listed on this post and also submitted to PRIZEY. US entries only, please.
- Please leave a valid e-mail address or other way to contact you! If you don’t wish to leave your e-mail address, please make sure that you leave a unique name and check back with PRIZEY to see if you won. If the winner hasn’t responded within 24 hours, an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing.
- If you’d like extra entries, you can:
- Subscribe to my RSS feed (click on the orange icon in the upper right sidebar) or subscribe via e-mail – leave me a separate comment to let me know.
- Mention this contest on your blog with a link back to this post and leave a separate comment with the link to your post so I can find it.
- Either Twitter about, ‘Stumble’, ‘Digg’ or ‘Kirtsy’ this post – leave me a separate comment with your username at whichever site you chose (one extra entry per method).
So that’s a total of 7 comments/entries if you do all of the extra entry options.
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED – the random number generator has chosen comment #243 as the winner:
Congratulations to Tarah who said, “Hopefully we will be able to cook out for Father’s Day and let him enjoy sitting and doing nothing!“! I will be e-mailing you shortly to work out the details.