Just some quick links and fun stuff I found around the web this week:
- A $50 gift certificate from Posh Doggie Necklace (enter by 11:59 pm EST on October 11th).
- Four coupons for a free box of Cocoa Puffs Combos cereal (four winners – enter by 11:59 pm EST on October 15th).
- 3-month membership to ListPlanIt.com (enter by 11:59 pm EST on October 15th).
- Melee ‘Devils & Angels’ CD and tote bag (enter by 11:59 pm EST on October 15th).
- A Minnie Mouse dress and matching “I Love Minnie” couture hairbow from Fifth Avenue Bowtique (enter by 11:59 pm EST on October 17th).
Other new posts over there this week include Part 2 of the series on kids and allowances, a challenge from Clorox Green Works – “30 days to natural“, what’s your ‘Real Age‘?, and a discount code for anyone thinking of making a purchase at LTDChix. And check out this week’s reviews for the Halloween Party Store, the second Sam’s Quest book (The Royal Trident), customized postage stamps from PictureItPostage, and an affordable way to get your child help with homework or school projects from Tutor.com. More fun giveaways coming next week too, so stay tuned (and subscribed)…
I will also be posting a series of posts with links to products and companies that support and help in the fight against breast cancer – and I’ve also got four very ‘pink’ giveaways planned. The first post should be up either today or tomorrow, so keep an eye out!
This week’s Contest Round-Up is up over at the other site as well. And don’t forget to check the Contests page during the week – there are some pretty awesome giveaways happening around the blogosphere so you don’t want to miss out on your chance to enter any of them!
Some interesting posts I read this week on other sites include:
- Jen has posted a Printable Chore Chart for Kids that you can download and customize for your child for free. And check out the printable Halloween Word Search that she created as well!
- Stop by and wish Michelle well after the day that she had this week. And if you can get through her post without even a giggle escaping, then you’re a better person than I.
- Wow, it doesn’t hardly seem like a whole year has passed, but Olivia and Sophia just turned one year old! Stop by 5 Minutes For Mom to wish the ‘twin cousins’ a happy birthday and check out their gorgeous birthday party.
- Kristin over at An Ordinary Life is expecting her second child – Congratulations!
- It’s the Weekend Top Five! Stop by Kristi‘s on Monday to link up and share your top five happenings from over the weekend. I will be!
Two pieces of bloggy housekeeping, since I’ve already got your attention… 😉 The first week of “I Remember When” was a success, with five bloggers (and a commentor) participating – thank you! I do think I’m going to make a couple of minor changes though, just to make things easier for both me and you.
First, I think I’m going to have to pick a day and make this a ‘daily’ type of weekly meme. So therefore, the linky post every week will only stay at the top of my site for the 24 hours of that day. I think I’ll stick with Sunday for now – I don’t want to take away from the other Sunday memes out there (I know of at least a couple), but I think it’ll be much easier to remember a specific day for it. I’ll still participate in Camera Critters as well when I have a photo to share.
So – don’t forget to come and remember with us tomorrow! Here’s this week’s topic (sorry it’s a bit wordy):
“I remember when… my family celebrated autumn“. Did you visit a pumpkin patch, farm market or apple orchard (with school or your family)? Did you go every year or only once in a while? Or never? What are your memories of the things your family used to do together at this time of year (even if just acknowledging it in small ways)? Whatever your memories are related to autumn, share them – on Sunday, October 12th, at MomOf3Girls.net!
Also – I am going to be re-introducing my ‘Getting Technical’ feature here later this afternoon. I’ve got a couple of great questions to answer, and am thinking that it might just be time to make this a regular feature. If you’ve got any technical-type of blogging questions that you’re just not sure of the answer to (or any other blogging-related questions even), please feel free to comment on the post when it goes up in a little while – or send me an e-mail at debmomof3(at)comcast(dot)net. I don’t promise to be able to answer everything – but I’ll do my best, and will point out other references as much as I can too.
Hope everyone has a great weekend – see you back here to ‘Remember When’ tomorrow!