Since the last school year ended, I’ve been saving up Box Tops over the summer so that I will have a nice collection of them to turn in after school starts, in a couple of weeks for us. I love the Box Tops for Education program, because we already buy so many products that participate – it’s just a matter of remembering to take a few seconds to clip off the Box Tops coupons before I throw the box in the trash or recycle bin, and I’ve been collecting them for so long now that it’s second-nature to check.
Although I have a pretty nice pile of Box Tops to send in after school begins, I’m always on the lookout for more – since they all help support my kids’ school after all. And one way to earn a lot of Box Tops quickly – is to shop at Sam’s Club through August 31st. On participating General Mills products, you can find 6 Box Tops – and that can add up very fast! We’ve been Sam’s Club members for the past year (since reviewing this program last year, in fact) – and love the savings that we’ve had on so many things that we buy on a regular basis.
Courtesy of MyBlogSpark, General Mills, Box Tops for Education and Sam’s Club, we received a $25 Sam’s Club gift card to shop and collect Box Tops on General Mills products. We also received an upgrade to a Sam’s Club Plus membership as well. While supplies last, you can get a certificate for 150 Box Tops when you sign up for a new Plus membership at Sam’s Club, wow!
My girls love shopping at Sam’s Club. I don’t know if it’s the giant cereal boxes, the large selection of books, DVDs and games for our Wii that they go crazy for, or the fact that we usually walk out with a box full of Lucky Charms (one of their absolute favorites) – but they’re always eager to head over there. And searching for the bonus Box Tops made it an even more fun challenge too. Here’s a look at some of the products on which we saw the coupons for 6 Box Tops:
Not surprisingly, we spent most of our gift card in the cereal aisle, where almost all of our usual kinds had the extra Box Top coupons. We also bought a box of another staple in our household – GoGurt.
In the end, we went slightly over our $25 gift card, but it was well worth it since we’re now stocked up on both cereal – and Box Tops – to start off the new school year. 🙂
Now this promotion officially ends on August 31st, but I remember from last year that you could still find products out on the floor in our local Sam’s Club that still had the extra Box Tops coupons for even a month or two afterward. But head on over while supplies last so that you can have a head start on your Box Tops collecting – and help out your kids’ school in the process.
To give you even a little more help, I am thrilled to be able to give away a $25 Sam’s Club gift card to a lucky reader! We came home with a grand total of 20 Box Tops just from using ours, so if you’d like a chance to also earn some extra Box Tops this fall, here are the rules:
- Enter by leaving a comment here to let me know what products you normally buy that participate in the Box Tops program. This is required – please don’t just say anything like ‘choose me’, or your entry will be discarded.
- The contest will run until Wednesday, September 8th at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be selected through random drawing, contacted by e-mail, listed on this post and also submitted to PRIZEY. US entries only, please.
- Please leave a valid e-mail address or other way to contact you! If the winner hasn’t responded within 3 days, an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing.
- If you’d like extra entries, you can:
- Subscribe to my RSS feed (click on the orange icon in the upper right sidebar) or subscribe via e-mail – leave me a separate comment to let me know (1 extra entry).
- Mention this contest on your blog with a link back to this post, and leave a separate comment with the link to your post so I can find it (1 extra entry).
- Tweet this giveaway – leave me a separate comment with a link to your tweet. Here’s a suggested one, or you can make up your own: “Earn extra Box Tops at Sam’s Club through August – and enter to win a $25 Sam’s Club gift card at JAMTOT – ends 9/8. “ (1 extra entry).
- ‘Like’ this site on Facebook – there’s a link in the sidebar or you can click here. Leave a comment to let me know (1 extra entry).
So that’s a total of 5 comments/entries if you do all of the extra entry options.
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED – and the winner is…
- Mandala – Comment: E-mail subscriber
Congratulations and I will be contacting you shortly to work out the details!
This post courtesy of: General Mills and Sam’s Club, through MyBlogSpark, who provided the gift cards for both review and giveaway, and our Plus membership upgrade as well. No payment or compensation, other than as described above, was received for this post. All opinions given here are solely my own or those of my family.