The topic for this week is, “Give Me Five pet peeves or dislikes associated with shopping.” Hmm, I think this one will be easy to do since Black Friday is still so fresh in my mind! Having said that though, I do enjoy shopping usually, even with the annoying or frustrating parts of it. And I enjoy it even more when I have money to spend…
- I think my biggest pet peeve with shopping would have to be when stores don’t have enough registers open or enough cashiers to work all of the registers. Especially during peak or busy times – it’s one thing to wait in line if everyone working is truly busy, but I hate standing in a long line staring at all of the empty checkouts that could be helping to alleviate the wait.
- One thing that we noticed at one store on Friday was that they had several great items advertised, but when we got there, they were out of almost everything. Now, you can generally tell what things are going to be popular, and many stores had adequate stock of all of the big deals and kept re-stocking throughout the morning, but this one had apparently not planned well enough ahead. It’s incredibly annoying to make an effort to shop somewhere only to not find anything that you wanted to buy there!
- Shopping with kids can be either wonderful, or in my usual experience, incredibly stressful. There’s usually no avoiding the whining, begging, running down aisles, etc. unless you either strap them into the stroller or shopping cart (add screaming to the list) or threaten/bribe them well enough. I don’t mind when other people’s kids are throwing fits or tantrums – my own do so plenty, so I usually give a commiserating look to the parent and move on. But one thing does annoy me – when people bring kids shopping on busy days like Black Friday, when you know that the stores are going to be a crazy mess and the lines are going to be long. Little kids shouldn’t have to be expected to behave during hour-plus long waits or be punished when they get bored, tired, hungry or restless. It’s just not fair to them. I know there may not be a lot of options for parents, but finding a babysitter if possible is better for everyone, I think.
- Sloooooowwwwww lines at the checkout. I know there are a lot of good reasons why lines move slowly, and I’ve caused backups myself enough times, but I still hate to wait for a slow-moving line, especially since I always seem to pick the slowest one when I’m in a hurry!
- The last one that I can think of at the moment is when stores play music way too loud. All that makes me want to do is leave – not spend money there!
So what are your 5 pet peeves or dislikes about shopping? Head on over to Becca’s Buzz to share yours and check out more!