Back before I had kids and all three times that I was pregnant, I loved watching shows geared about pregnancy and childbirth on tv. Even now that my kids are school-aged (eek!), I still can’t help but to tune in every so often just to get a quick ‘baby fix’. It’s such a life-changing moment when you welcome a new baby into the world and into your family, and every birth story is unique.
Lifetime, long one of my favorite television networks, is premiering a new series on February 1st, called ‘One Born Every Minute’. It’s like a documentary, but broken up into 8 one-hour episodes that each follow the maternity ward at Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, Ohio:
In eight hour-long episodes, the hospital docu-series “One Born Every Minute” takes an in-depth look at life inside the maternity ward at Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, as expectant mothers enter their final stage of pregnancy. From the delivery room, to the operating room, to the front desk, to the nurses’ station, 40 cameras roll 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to capture the high drama, humor and overwhelming emotion of childbirth as new lives begin and others change forever.
Based on the popular U.K. format, “One Born Every Minute” is produced by Reveille Independent, with Elisabeth Murdoch (“MasterChef”), Howard T. Owens (“MasterChef”), Daniel Soiseth (“America’s Next Top Model”), Robin Ashbrook (“Live to Dance”), Shelley Schulze (“Trauma: Life in the ER”), Sanjay Singhal (“The Event: How Racist Are You?”), and JoAnn Alfano, Gena McCarthy and Sandy Varo Jarrell of Lifetime Television executive-producing.
You can also check out the One Born Every Minute website at lifetimetv.com where you can view their round-up of famous television doctors, see celebrity baby photos, get tips from pregnancy experts, read maternity stories from fellow Lifetime Moms (and share your own!), find out the most recent popular baby names, get to know the staff at Riverside Methodist Hospital where the docu-series was filmed, join their One Born Every Minute community and more. And don’t forget to enter their “One Born Every Minute” Sweepstakes where you could win a $200 weekly prize or $4,000 to outfit your dream nursery. Wow!
I’m thrilled to be able to offer a giveaway here to coincide with the premiere of One Born Every Minute! This prize pack just about makes me with I still had a little one around because it’s got some very cool stuff in it. Here’s what’s included:
- One ISOKI Diaper Bag: Since launching in 2007, ISOKI has established itself as a multi-award winning brand and leader in the baby bags and accessories market. ISOKI’s stylish designer range of reversible baby bags offers two bags in one by simply reversing to reveal a whole new look. Inner components of the bag include a double-sided storage satchel, insulated cooler bag and large padded change mat, all of which can be used individually or as a complete set.
- One Baby Gund Comfy Cozy
- One Baby Gund Stuffed Animal
If you have (or know someone who has) a little one in your life and would like a chance to win this amazing prize pack, here are the rules:
- Enter by leaving a comment here to let me know either a funny story from when you were pregnant or your best pregnancy/adoption tip to help other expecting moms. This is required – please don’t just say anything like ‘choose me’, or your entry will be discarded.
- The contest will run until Sunday, February 6th at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be selected through random drawing, contacted by e-mail, listed on this post and also submitted to PRIZEY. US entries only, please.
- Please leave a valid e-mail address or other way to contact you! If the winner hasn’t responded within 3 days, an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing.
- If you’d like extra entries, you can:
- Subscribe to my RSS feed (click on the orange icon in the upper right sidebar) or subscribe via e-mail – leave me a separate comment to let me know (1 extra entry).
- Mention this contest on your blog with a link back to this post, and leave a separate comment with the link to your post so I can find it (1 extra entry).
- Tweet this giveaway – leave me a separate comment with a link to your tweet. Click the ‘re-tweet’ button at the bottom of this post for an easy way to tweet (1 extra entry).
- ‘Like’ this site on Facebook – there’s a link in the sidebar or you can click here. Leave a comment to let me know (1 extra entry).
So that’s a total of 5 comments/entries if you do all of the extra entry options.
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED – and the winner is…
- Teresha@ Marlie and Me – Comment: I tweeted this giveaway @Mommy2Marlie
Congratulations and I will be e-mailing you shortly to work out the details!
This post courtesy of: Lifetime TV and New Media Strategies, who are providing the product(s) for giveaway. No payment or compensation was received for this post. All opinions given here are solely my own.