Yes, I know – it’s the 5th, not the 4th. But I’m pretending that I’m not a day late with this. And that I didn’t miss the past two weeks of posting my ‘links’ on Saturday… Oops. It’s been taking me so long every week to get the contests listed on my other site that things here have suffered a bit. The good news though is that Ron is (as we speak) creating a new, more automated contest listing process for me, so I will be freed up to focus much more on my content, both at the other site and here as well.
I also am planning some fun things for this May – which just happens to be my blogging anniversary for both sites (2 years here and 1 year there). So stay tuned!
Here are some quick links and fun stuff I found around the web this week during the past few weeks:
- A Yanni Voices CD (enter by 11:59 pm EST on April 5th)
- A Cart-Stopper (enter by 11:59 pm EST on April 8th)
- A Friends Forever Girls doll of your choice (enter by 11:59 pm EST on April 8th)
- An Exergen Temporal Scanner thermometer (enter by 11:59 pm EST on April 8th)
- Two sets of a Bright Green re-usable shopping bag and 5 coupons each for discounts on Bright Green products (enter by 11:59 pm EST on April 15th)
This week’s The past few weeks’ reviews were for Rain-X windshield wipers and glass cleaning products, cute bunny and animal slippers, Goody Green Bags‘ re-usable shopping bags, the Ballas Hough Band’s debut CD, the Windex Outdoor All-In-One window cleaning kit, the book ‘No Sanctuary‘, re-usable wall stickers from Bright Star Kids, the 24-hour pass for people search from Intelius, the new Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! Pirate Treasure DVD,
Other new posts this week over the past few weeks include the kick-off to my Earth Day 2009 series listing all ‘green’ related reviews I’ve done in the past, my Ultimate Blog Party 2009 post, a heads-up on the new YouCanQuiltThis site, the newest ‘Only in a Woman’s World‘ episode, the Making Life Better website from Unilever, and the Veggie Adventures game at LoveYourVeggies.com.
There are more fun giveaways coming next week too, so stay tuned (and subscribed)…
This week’s Contest Round-Up is up over at the other site as well. And don’t forget to check the Contests page during the week – there are some pretty awesome giveaways happening around the blogosphere so you don’t want to miss out on your chance to enter any of them!
Some interesting posts I read this week on other sites include:
- I love Miss A’s justification for her thumb sucking over on Blonde Mom Blog – it’s certainly good dirt, lol. Have I mentioned that Hannah’s still sucking her thumb – at age 6? Sigh.
- Some great Twitter-related posts – like on Twit-etiquette Rules to Remember, and how to Get a Re-Tweet Button over at TwiTip, and 5 Practical Things You Can Do With Twitter and the Twitter User WordPress Plug-in at Blogging Tips.
- ProBlogger gave us 11 Ways to Increase Your Chances of Being Linked to by a Blogger, and over at BlogCoach there were 8 Ways to Encourage Your Readers to Talk Back.
- At Digital Inspiration, you can Find Out How Much Traffic a Website is Getting.
- I loved Stephanie’s post on When and Where I Wear the Baby over at Adventures in Babywearing. For all of my desire to have a sling back when Becca was a baby, I have the feeling that she wouldn’t have been all that amenable to riding in it much, especially after she learned to crawl and walk. She’s always been a very independent little thing! 🙂
- With Easter coming up – here’s a very useful tutorial on How to dye Easter eggs naturally from Amy at Crunchy Domestic Goddess.
Well, the weekend’s over now (stay tuned for my Top 5 post), but it hardly feels like it with Spring Break going on. It will be nice not to have to rush around in the mornings, and we have some fun things planned. Hope you all had a great weekend! 🙂