The holiday season is quickly approaching – or even really already here if the retail stores are any judge. 🙂 I’m also noticing that it’s looking a lot like Holiday Gift Guide season all over the Internet, and I’m no exception here at Just a mom’s take on things…. Below is a description of how this year’s gift guide submission process and publishing procedures will go and if you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail me at deb(at)momstakeonthings(dot)com. I’m currently accepting submissions and am looking to start publishing the different categories of the gift guide in 3 weeks, on November 24th.
- If you’d like to submit product information/images only, please e-mail them to deb(at)momstakeonthings(dot)com with “2010 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE SUBMISSION” in the subject line. Inside the e-mail please include any product description or press release information that you would like considered for inclusion as well as at least one image of each product. Please also list which of the gift guide categories you feel the product(s) would fit best in – although I will be the final judge of whether or not a particular product is a good fit for any particular category, or for the gift guide in general for that matter. Family-friendly products only please. Don’t forget to include a link to where readers can go for more information or to purchase the product and the product’s list price as well.
- If you’d like to submit a product for a more in-depth review, please send an e-mail to me at deb(at)momstakeonthings(dot)com with “2010 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE REVIEW REQUEST” in the subject line. Inside the e-mail please include a brief description of the product as well as a link to more information about it. Please also list which of the gift guide categories you feel the product(s) would fit best in – although I will be the final judge of whether or not a particular product is a good fit for any particular category, or for the gift guide in general for that matter. Family-friendly products only please. I will try to accommodate as many review requests as I can and am working on a review format that will hopefully allow me to post reviews in a timely fashion while still keeping the personal touch and level of detail that I try to use in all of my reviews.
- If you’d like to submit a product(s) for a giveaway for my readers, please use one of the two methods above (depending on whether or not you’d like a review along with the giveaway) and add “PLUS GIVEAWAY REQUEST” to the end of the subject line. I’ll try to work with you to come up with the best options for a giveaway – I generally run them for 10-14 days and choose winners randomly using the “And The Winner Is” plugin. I prefer not to ship giveaway prizes myself, so if you could send directly to the winner(s) that would be appreciated.
- Not every product submitted will be included in the gift guide. I will make all determinations based on whether the product is a good fit for this site and something I feel comfortable recommending to my readers. I will make every attempt to include all submissions which meet those requirements.
Gift Guide Publication:
- The 2010 Holiday Gift Guide here at JAMTOT will be published beginning on November 24th with one or two categories being added each day until the guide is complete. Additional products, reviews and/or giveaways may be added after initial publication, up until the end of December.
- Each gift guide category will be published as a ‘Page’ on the site with product descriptions, links and images. Original product descriptions or press release information may be used as submitted and the gift guide will include a disclaimer to that effect. Links to reviews and/or giveaways of items listed in the gift guide will be included as appropriate.
- The gift guide will remain live on this site through the 2010 holiday season and will be converted to separate blog post format at some point afterward. All links will remain active provided they still point to valid pages.
- Some (not all) products included in the gift guide will also be featured in reviews posted on this site. Whether or not a separate review is completed for any particular product will depend on several factors, including (but not limited to) whether or not a product sample was submitted for review, and the number of reviews already in the queue. Please keep in mind that this is a one-person site and that I need to balance posting reviews with caring for and spending time with my family. I make every attempt to complete reviews on a timely basis, but make no guarantees.
Last year’s gift guide pages will be converted to posts over the next few days, so if you see them show up in your feed or e-mail, don’t worry – you haven’t missed this year’s gift guide. 🙂
Here are the tentative categories for this year’s Gift Guide. If you have a product that doesn’t fall into any of them or have any other category suggestions, please just let me know.
- Gifts for Baby/New Moms
- Gifts for the Home
- Gifts for Kids
- Book/DVD/Music Gifts
- Video Games/Apps
- Gifts for Dads
- Gifts for Mom
- Food (or food-related) Gifts
- Tech/Electronic Gifts
- Stocking Stuffers
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season this year – and don’t forget to stop back starting on the 24th to see the 2010 Holiday Gift Guide. Thank you for your time and support!